- To develop, promote and preserve the Connemara pony as a distinctive breed, internationally.
- To develop and maintain the Connemara Pony as a distinct breed in accordance with the aims and objectives of the CPBS (Connemara Pony Breeders Society of Ireland) by promoting and fostering high standards of breeding.
- To foster co-operation between member societies.
- (a) To support and co-ordinate the implementation worldwide of the Principles laid down in the Rules of Registration of the CPBS (Ireland)
(b) On behalf of the CPBS (Ireland), to monitor the implementation worldwide of the Principles laid down in the Rules of Registration of the CPBS (Ireland)
- To provide a forum for the exchange of knowledge and information between member societies and breeders.
- To represent the policies and the educational, research, and service activities of the ICCPS to other forums concerned with equine breeding.
- To co-ordinate an international breeding improvement program for Connemara Ponies.